What if the iPhone hung on the “apple
Any User Apple Technology may encounter a situation where the gadget hangs on a white screen with an apple logo. This rarely happens, but still sometimes happens. Fortunately, it is often possible to solve the problem yourself without referring to the service center. Tell some ways.
Enlightening Apple Smartphones happens for various reasons. The system error is usually to blame, as a result of which the device cannot refer to the processor, check the memory and other components. Most often failure occurs when installing a new firmware, rollback to the old version of iOS or recovery data from the backup. Sometimes the gadget freezes when connecting to PC or unsuccessful jailbreak.
Also, failure may arise due to hardware problems. water, battery malfunctions or damage caused by a drop. In such cases, have to contact the service center.
Now let’s consider popular solutions to correct the white screen iPhone.
The device does not react at all
If your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X does not respond at all to your actions, it just hung and shows a static picture or just a dark screen, you need a restart.
In this case, you should not lose any data on which it worked if there is a auto storage function in the appropriate software. And the iphone reset will not be exactly.
On the iPhone 8, 8 plus, x Press and release the volume button, then press and release the reduction button. And at the end, press and hold the power button to Apple’s logo.
If you are using iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, press and hold the power button and the volume button for ten seconds or longer to the Apple logo.
If you are using iPhone 6S, 6S Plus or older models, simultaneously press and hold the “Home” button and the power button for ten seconds or longer to the Apple logo.
iPhone hung on an apple. What to do
Different iPhone reboot differently
If the iPhone hung on the apple, the easiest way to help him return to operation is a hard reboot of the iPhone. It does not represent any difficulty and harm to the smartphone also does not carry:
- On the iPhone 6S, 6s Plus, SE (2016) and older models, hold down the HOME button and the power key for about 10 seconds;
- On iPhone 7, 8, 8 Plus and SE (2020) hold the volume button and the power key for about 10 seconds;
- On iPhone X and more new models, quickly press and release the volume button, quickly press and release the volume key, and then clamp the power key and hold 10 seconds.
Restart iPhone using iTunes without data loss
If the methods described above did not help, before emanating all the data and make a complete recovery, you can try to start the iPhone using the recovery mode, while the restoration and data reset itself do not do. This method may seem strange “restoration without recovery”, but believe me, he is really working! For this we need iTunes and cable.
Translation of the iPhone to recovery mode with subsequent restart
First, connect the iPhone to a computer or laptop using a USB cable and run iTunes. In Macos Catalina and the newer iTunes no, so it is not necessary to run anything, the Finder window opens automatically.
Note that this warning refers to all generations of devices, during the execution of the following actions, the Apple Apple logo may appear on the screen, with the button you should not let go until the iCona or iTunes icon appears!
We translate the iPhone to the recovery mode, from different generations of phones, the method is different:
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS MAX, SE (2nd Generation), 11 Pro, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max:. Press alternately zoom button volume;. Then the volume button is then;. After press and hold around 20 seconds, the side button on POWER to the appearance of the laptop icon or iTunes icon in iOS 12 and older versions. Restart using iTunes without data loss. iPhone 8 and newer
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:. Hold the volume button at the same time. and the POWER switching button for 20 seconds, until the laptop icon appears or iTunes icon in iOS 12 and older versions. iPhone 7, 7 Plus. restart using iTunes without data loss
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus:. At the same time clamp the HOME button and the side button POWER. Hold up for about 20 seconds before the laptop icon appears or iTunes icon in iOS 12 and older versions.
After the operations done, your iPhone should turn on and work as earlier, while all the data will be in place and recovery will not be required. Unfortunately, this method, although it helps in most cases, but not everyone and if it applies to you, we turn to the next.
Forced restart iPhone
If the iPhone does not respond and you fail to turn off and turn it on, try to restart it.
Note. The procedure forced restart iPhone depends on its model. To find out the model of your iPhone, see. Apple Support Help Definition iPhone Models.
If these actions did not help restart the iPhone, see. Apple Support Service Apple IPhone, iPad or iPod Touch does not turn on or hangs. If the iPhone works incorrectly after restarting, see. iPhone Support Web Site.
Forced restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or iPhone 12
Click and immediately release the volume button, press and immediately release the volume button, then press and hold the side button. When Apple’s logo appears, release the button.
How to turn off iphone 11
The use of the power button on the iPhone X and newer devices in the past models does not lead to the disconnect menu. Instead, the Siri voice assistant will be activated.
If you turn off Siri or turn off the activation of the side button with the clamping button, then long pressing does not work at all. Turn off the iPhone is one of the following ways:
Turning off through settings
The shutdown button for this occasion has long been hidden in the system’s depths.
Go to the settings. the main and at the bottom of the page you see the off button. After pressing a familiar slider appears, one swipe and smartphone turns off.
When helps: When you need to turn off the smartphone for a while so that it does not lose battery charge.
Turn off through the emergency call menu
Pressing the power button and any of the volume keys on the iPhone with Face ID calls an emergency call menu. So you can call the rescue service without unlocking the smartphone, see the medical map of the owner and, of course, restart the iPhone.
When it helps: When you need to disable iPhone, even without entering a password unlocking or scanning a face.
iPhone hung and does not turn off and does not reboot
Usually, if IPhone hangs, users try to turn it off or restart using a standard procedure, namely, using a long pressing on / locking button. Unfortunately, in most cases, when IPhone hangs, this shutdown method does not work. iPhone continues to work and hang on the application regardless of how long the user clicks on the power button.
But, the iPhone has an alternative way to turn off, which runs through the operating system iOS. Thanks to this, this method of shutdown is triggered even on tightly hung devices. The method is at the same time pressing the “Home” button and the power / lock buttons.
Home and “Enable” buttons You need to click simultaneously and hold until the iPhone hangs off. After shutdown, you need to wait a few seconds and make a short one-time pressing on the power button. After that, the iPhone turns on and starts working in normal mode.
It should be noted that the combination of the “Home Enfusion” keys is also responsible for obtaining a screenshot. But, to obtain a screenshot on these keys, you need to press literally for 1 second, if you hold the keys longer, it will work with freezing and iPhone will restart.
If you have an iPhone X or a newer model, then you need to use a new way to reboot.
The reasons for the hangs of the “apple” gadget
Consider why your iPhone may freeze. Causes can be different, but they can be classified by such categories:
- freezing due to running application running. The most frequent and most easily disposable problem. Often happens with applications from third-party software manufacturers due to insufficient testing;
- Memory problems. If too many applications are running, the available RAM can be exhausted, part of the data has to be uploaded to a permanent memory. This process itself becomes the cause of friezes, and in some cases leads to the full loss of the workability of the smartphone. Fortunately, short-term;
- Using the old version of iOS. If you have not updated the operating system for a long time, you can’t definitely keep track of all applications. Some of them may not be compatible with an outdated operating system, and then both braking apparatus and its freezes are possible;
- Problems with equipment. Hardware breakdown. worst version. In most cases, independent correction is not subject to. Will have to show iPhone to specialists;
- Other systemic problems of an unexplained nature. If freezes occur regularly and it is impossible to determine the cause, the best way to solve the problem is restoration / IOS update.
If you manage to find out, at least approximately why your faithful assistant freezes, you thus simplify the task of its treatment.
If all methods did not help
What to do if everything has tried, but the apple never appeared on the screen of your iPhone? There is a special recovery mode. DFU. It is designed to restore iOS firmware when all the other your attempts have crash. Immediately, let’s say that this mode should be applied only in the most extreme case, because when it is activated, all data from the iPhone will be lost.
So, you first need to connect to charging for five to ten minutes. Connecting to a computer, check if the device was found in iTunes. If this did not happen, go to DFU mode: at the same time hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons for ten seconds, after release “POWER”. Next, for fifteen-thirty seconds, hold the “Home” button while iTunes will write “Recovery Mode”. Do not expect the screen that the screen will thank you and show, as usual, apple. Certificate of a successful entry in DFU. the absence of any image on the screen. If you wish to restore the firmware in the iPhone, find the “Restore iPhone” button in iTunes. To complete the operation in this mode, simply disconnect the cable from the device and for ten seconds click “Home” and “Power”. After these manipulations, the iPhone must reboot.